- This acrylic is given colour by a printed layer on the underside of clear acrylic (similar to mirror acrylic, but not reflective). The effect looks great as silhouette cut outs and/or as engraved pieces.
- Each colour in the base print acrylic range has a black backing (e.g. so red base print is black on the reverse side).
- Maximum usable area: 595mm x 295mm.
- Maximum sheet size: Approx. 600mm x 300mm.
- Price Range: $$ Medium.
- Thickness: 3mm (± 10%).
- Finish: High gloss, smooth front. Clear core and edges, and a smooth, black back.
[ngg src=”galleries” ids=”44″ display=”basic_thumbnail”]
Gallery of Base Print Acrylic Colours
These traits are typical of this material (and not something we consider a fault). Here we try to share with you everything we know about this material; we’d like to empower you with this information so that you may embrace it, and design within the scope of the manufacturer features.
Good to Know
Black Back on All ColoursThe back/bottom of all Base Print Acrylic colours is a black printed backing. Any engraving is done ‘from the back’ into this black surface (similar to mirror acrylic); we reflect your designs before lasering so that they look how you envision.
- Looks stunning in a range of applications.
- The engraving can show quite good contrast, particularly on the darker colours, so this material lends really well to designs with text (because legibility is clear).
- Best applications of this material we’ve seen are: pet tags, hanging earrings with text/slogans, price signs.
- Cuts well and leaves a clean, smooth edge line that typically shows the core colour on the sides.
- Engraves well and can hold fine details (engraved areas typically have a frosted white appearance). Engraving typically looks most effective on darker colours (so that it will show contrast).
- Comes with a protective tape coating that will need to be peeled off.
- It is difficult to capture colour correctly; allow for slight variation from monitor to reality.