Maximum sheet size: 600mm x 300mm.
Finish: Natural, smooth timber finish. Appearance varies due to the nature of how ply is made.
– Has a smooth, sanded finish on both sides.
– Structurally very strong and has good dimension stability (less likely to warp).
– Can be easily painted or varnished after cutting.
– Comes with a protective tape coating that will need to be peeled off.
– Finished surface will typically always vary (i.e. won’t always look like the sample pictured).
Laser Cutting: Timber cuts well in the laser cutter. Laser cutting timber puts relatively low thermal stress on the material, leaving an un-burnt, smooth edge. Smoke is generated along the cut line leaving the edges slightly darkened.
Laser Etching: Timber etches well in the laser cutter. Most timbers are naturally darker when etched, though some show a higher contrast than others. Most timbers can hold fine details, though not as much as when compared when acrylics. The finer the grain, the better. We recommend a minimum line width of 0.2mm or 0.5mm if inverted.