This material is semi-transparent (translucent) solid acrylic with a coloured tint (with the exception of clear, which is has no colour tint). It has a high gloss finish, and is the same on the front and back. The sides are typically the same colour, but tend to look brighter. Scroll down for more photos.
All translucent acrylics are engraved on the front by default.
- Maximum sheet size: 600mm x 300mm.
- Maximum usable area: 595mm x 295mm.
- Thickness: 3mm (± 10%). Clear is available in more thickness varieties.
- Has a smooth, high gloss finish.
- Cuts well and leaves a clean, smooth edge line that shows the core on the sides.
- Etches well and can hold fine details (etched areas have a frosted white appearance). Etching looks most effective on darker colours that show contrast, or when used for paint fill techniques.
- Looks great when combined with edge lit or back lit applications.
- Transparency levels can vary between colours.
- Will show through colours placed underneath, so layering designs may give an undesirable effect.
- Comes with a protective tape coating that will need to be peeled off.
- Can show up marks and scratches easily.
- Thickness can vary by up to 10% as a result of the manufacturing process, so creating interlocking designs can be difficult.
- Is difficult to capture colour correctly; allow for slight variation from monitor to reality.
Samples swatches available here.