Sweet pastel acrylics are a beautiful pastel range that is similar to our solid (opaque) acrylic sheets. They have a matte top/front (used by default) and a gloss back/bottom (used by request). Scroll down for more photos.
Good to know:
- Has a matte top/front (used by default) and a gloss back/bottom (used by request).
- The protective tape doesn’t adhere well to matte side, which can be problematic for techniques like paint fill.
- If your designs have engraving that you wish to add paint fill too (see our tutorials for more information), we recommend requesting material to be 'flipped' so that the engraving is done on the gloss side.
- Maximum sheet size: 600mm x 300mm.
- Maximum usable area: 595mm x 295mm.
- Thickness: 3mm (± 10%).
- Sample swatches available here.
- Cuts well and leaves a clean, smooth edge line that shows the core on the sides.
- Engraves well and can hold fine details (etched areas have a frosted white appearance). Etching looks most effective on darker colours that show contrast.
- Comes with a protective tape coating that will need to be peeled off.
- Thickness can vary by up to 10% as a result of the manufacturing process, so creating interlocking designs can be difficult.
- Is difficult to capture colour correctly; allow for slight variation from monitor to reality.