Natural, smooth timber finish that is consistent on both sides. Scroll down for more photos.
- Maximum sheet size: 600mm x 100mm.
- Maximum usable area: 595mm x 95mm.
- Thickness: 3.2mm (± 10%). Balsa is available in more thicknesses, but is quite fragile.
- Can be easily painted or varnished after cutting.
- Has a smooth, sanded finish on both sides.
- Genuine solid timber.
- Slimmer sheet sizes (100-150mm wide) to keep warping to a minimum.
- Large pieces (100mm+ wide) may have a tendency to warp as a result of swings in humidity.
- Cost is high compared with acrylics and timber veneers.
- Comes with a protective tape coating that will need to be peeled off.
- Is difficult to capture colour correctly; allow for slight variation from monitor to reality.
Samples swatches available here.