This material is created with mixed swirls of colour, and powdered shimmery dust, which creates an iridescent mix that is reminiscent of smoke and potion. This material varies between batches, and has some imperfections that are to be expected (pieces typically arrive to us with some marks and scuffs), so please ensure that you have read the disadvantages below. The back/underside of the material varies, but is typically plainer/less dimensional than the front. Scroll down for more photos.
- Maximum sheet size: 600mm x 300mm.
- Maximum usable area: 595mm x 295mm.
- Thickness: 3mm (± 10%).
- Gives a 3D shimmery effect.
- Cuts well and leaves a clean, smooth edge line that shows the colour on the sides.
- Etches well and can hold fine details (etched areas have a frosted white appearance). Etching looks most effective on darker colours that show contrast.
- Surface isn’t always completely smooth (has some marks and scuffs).
- Has qualities of a handmade product; swirl density and 'grain' prominence varies from sheet to sheet (see photos of other colours in this range to get an idea of the variation that can occur).
- Cast colour density varies, which means some small areas may be semi-translucent. Lighter colours are typically semi-transparent.
- Comes with a protective tape coating that will need to be peeled off.
- Thickness varies as a result of the manufacturing process, so creating interlocking designs can be difficult.
- It is difficult to capture colour correctly; allow for slight variation from monitor to reality.
Samples swatches available here.
Material close Up
Laser cut and engraved sample (left), laser cut sample (right).
Back side of laser cut samples.
Sample laser cut pieces in a range of sample swirl colours.