- Made with small round pieces of coloured glitter cast throughout clear acrylic.
- Some colours manufactured in China, some in the USA.
- Creates a deep and sparkly appearance that is similar front and back.
- Typically packed with so much glitter that it is opaque (no clear spots), but density can vary (creating semi-opaque sheets).
- Maximum usable area: 595mm x 295mm.
- Maximum sheet size: Approx. 600mm x 300mm.
- Thickness: 3mm (± 10%).
- Finish: High gloss, double sided (same front and back).
These traits are typical of this material (and not something we consider a fault). Here we try to share with you everything we know about this material; we'd like to empower you with this information so that you may embrace it, and design within the scope of the manufacturer features.
Good to Know
- The glitter is often packed into this material (so that there are no clear spots). However, the total volume of glitter dispersed can vary, which means that some sheets can be semi-opaque.
- This material is described as 'double sided', in that the front and back should be the same. However, we often choose a 'front' and 'back' for each material sheet based on which side looks best (less imperfections, more glitter density).
- Ideal for plain (no engraving), simple shapes where the design emphasises the material e.g. circles, hearts, droplets.
- Can look stunning when used in combination with solid acrylic as a 'highlight' in multi-piece designs.
- We've seen some really stunning applications where this material was used layered between other colours (so the edge was used as the 'front').
- Cuts well and leaves a clean, smooth edge line that typically shows the glitter core colour on the sides.
- Engraves well and can hold fine details (engraved areas typically have a frosted white appearance). Engraving looks most effective on darker colours (so that it will show contrast), or when used for paint filling.
- Comes with a protective tape coating that will need to be peeled off.
- It is difficult to capture colour correctly; allow for slight variation from monitor to reality.
Other Premium Glitter Colours
Want to see it in real life?