- Dessert acrylics are really sweet looking pastels and earthy tones that are representative in cakes, sweets and desserts. It’s similar to our Naturals and Sweet Pastels Acrylic range.
- It has a matte top/front (used by default) and a gloss back/bottom (used by request).
- The colour is the same on the front, the back and the sides.
- Consistent and reliable colours and finishes.
- Maximum usable area: 595mm x 295mm.
- Maximum sheet size: Approx. 600mm x 300mm.
- Price Range: $$ Medium.
- Thickness: 3mm (± 10%).
- Finish: Matte top/front (used by default) and a gloss back/bottom (used by request).
Gallery of Dessert Colours
Good to Know
These traits are typical of this material (and not something we consider a fault). Here we try to share with you everything we know about this material; we’d like to empower you with this information so that you may embrace it, and design within the scope of the manufacturer features.
Matte with paint fill
The matte finish can make paint fill difficult, because the paint will ‘stick’ to the matte surface (whereas on the gloss finish paint will usually wipe off with ease where there isn’t engraving).
Gloss or matte options
The top (front) of this material is matte, and the back (bottom) is gloss. We use the matte side by default. By request, we can use the other side of the material so that it will have a gloss finish.
- We guarantee this range will make anyone think of candy; it’s inherently cute and kawaii. Play into this by using it for soft, rounded, playful shapes.
- Can be used to ‘soften’ angular shapes. For example, if used for a shape like our Droplet Angled in place of black acrylic (a combination that’s commonly done), it makes the design take on a more affectionate style.
- Can be used to challenge themes. For example, if used for something like our Halloween Shapes Mixed, it makes an otherwise dark theme more approachable, friendly even (very spooky cute!).
- Cuts well and leaves a clean, smooth edge line that typically shows the core colour on the sides.
- Engraves well and can hold fine details (engraved areas typically have a frosted white appearance). If your designs have engraving that you wish to add paint fill, we recommend requesting material to be ‘flipped’ so that the engraving is done on the gloss side.
- Comes with a protective tape coating that will need to be peeled off.
- It is difficult to capture colour correctly; allow for slight variation from monitor to reality.