- Made with small round pieces of coloured glitter cast throughout clear acrylic.
- Some colours manufactured in China, some in the USA.
- Creates a deep and sparkly appearance that is similar front and back.
- Maximum usable area: 595mm x 295mm.
- Maximum sheet size: Approx. 600mm x 300mm.
- Price Range: $$$ High – Premium.
- Thickness: 3mm (± 10%).
- Finish: High gloss, double sided (same front and back).
Gallery of Premium Glitter Colours
These traits are typical of this material (and not something we consider a fault). Here we try to share with you everything we know about this material; we’d like to empower you with this information so that you may embrace it, and design within the scope of the manufacturer features.
Good to Know
Semi-Opaque SheetsThe glitter is often packed into this material (so that there are no clear spots). However, the total volume of glitter dispersed can vary, which means that some sheets can be semi-opaque.
Rainbow PremiumThe glitter particles in this colour are approx. 1mm (making them slightly larger in comparison to other colours in this range). When laser cut, the edge of this acrylic colour doesn’t show the glitter (looks more like a dark clear acrylic), so it’s not suitable for products that utilise the edges of the material as a focal point e.g. layering between other colours. This acrylic also tends to be a bit warped when cut (noticeable for pieces around 50mm in size and larger).
Mermaid PremiumThis colour will be discontinued min 2020. The glitter particles in this colour are approx. 1mm (making them slightly larger in comparison to other colours in this range). Also, the space between the glitter particles can vary a lot, meaning some sheets will be quite patchy.
- Ideal for plain (no engraving), simple shapes where the design emphasises the material e.g. circles, hearts, droplets.
- Can look stunning when used in combination with solid acrylic as a ‘highlight’ in multi-piece designs.
- We’ve seen some really stunning applications where this material was used layered between other colours (so the edge was used as the ‘front’).
- Cuts well and leaves a clean, smooth edge line that typically shows the glitter core colour on the sides.
- Engraves well and can hold fine details (engraved areas typically have a frosted white appearance). Engraving looks most effective on darker colours (so that it will show contrast), or when used for paint filling.
- Comes with a protective tape coating that will need to be peeled off.
- It is difficult to capture colour correctly; allow for slight variation from monitor to reality.