- This material is coloured sheets of solid (opaque) acrylic with a thick, smooth glitter layer on top.
- The core and sides are opaque acrylic to match the glitter top layer.
- Manufactured in China.
- Maximum usable area: 595mm x 295mm.
- Maximum sheet size: Approx. 600mm x 300mm.
- Price Range: $$ Medium.
- Thickness: 3mm (± 10%).
- Finish: Smooth, glittery gloss finish on the top. The back and edges are solid acrylic in a colour closely matched to the glitter.
[ngg src=”galleries” ids=”32″ display=”basic_thumbnail”]
Gallery of Glitter (Single Sided) Acrylic Colours
These traits are typical of this material (and not something we consider a fault). Here we try to share with you everything we know about this material; we’d like to empower you with this information so that you may embrace it, and design within the scope of the manufacturer features.
Good to Know
Side and Back Shows Core ColourBecause the glitter is applied as a layer over solid acrylic, the laser cut edge (and back) of this material will show the core colour. If you’re wanting a glitter edge, opt for the Premium Double Sided Glitter Acrylic.
Red Less OpaqueUnlike every other colour in this range (which have a solid acrylic backing) the red glitter is slightly transparent. It’s most noticeable when held up to the light, otherwise is a non-issue (in that it typically reveal glue marks through the front).
- Is great as a substitute for solid acrylic when you want to give pieces a ‘fancier’ look, with a little more depth and detail.
- Is a cheaper alternative to the Premium Double Sided Glitter Acyrlic, because the cost price of the material is not as high AND it’s not as dense, so cuts laser cuts faster in comparison.
- Cuts OK and leaves a clean, smooth edge line that typically shows the core colour on the sides.
- Comes with a protective tape coating that will need to be peeled off.
- It is difficult to capture colour correctly; allow for slight variation from monitor to reality.