This material is made with small round pieces of coloured glitter cast throughout clear acrylic. It creates a deep and sparkly appearance that is similar front and back. It is typically packed with so much glitter that it is opaque (no clear spots), but density can vary (creating semi-opaque sheets).
- Maximum sheet size: 600mm x 300mm.
- Maximum usable area: 595mm x 295mm.
- Thickness: 3mm (± 10%).
- Gives a radiant, shimmery effect.
- Cuts well and leaves a clean, smooth edge line that shows the glitter core on the sides.
- Etches well and can hold fine details (etched areas have a frosted white appearance). Etching looks most effective on darker colours that show contrast, or when used for paint fill techniques.
- Comes with a protective tape coating that will need to be peeled off.
- Glitter density varies, which means some sheets may be semi-opaque.
- Thickness can vary by up to 10% as a result of the manufacturing process, so creating interlocking designs can be difficult.
- Is difficult to capture colour correctly; allow for slight variation from monitor to reality.
Samples swatches available here.