- Made with a pattern foil layer, which is pressed in between two clear pieces of acrylic.
- Creates beautiful patterned acrylic; some patterns are shimmery and golden.
- Manufactured in China.
- Maximum usable area: 595mm x 295mm.
- Maximum sheet size: Approx. 600mm x 300mm.
- Thickness: 2mm - 4mm (typically 3mm, but does vary).
- Finish: High gloss finish on both sides. Similar on both sides (double sided). Some light scuffs and imperfections are normal.
These traits are typical of this material (and not something we consider a fault). Here we try to share with you everything we know about this material; we'd like to empower you with this information so that you may embrace it, and design within the scope of the manufacturer features.
Good to Know
- Some patterns and lighter areas within patterns may be slightly transparent; be aware of this if you plan to layer pieces (as darker colours placed underneath may show through).
- The pattern direction and 'density' can vary between sheets. For example, there may be areas on the Tortoise Shell that are very swirly, and other times more spotted.
- Due to the manufactures production methods, this material typically arrives to us with some light scuffs and marks. We don't use parts of the material that have deep scratches, but be aware that the surface isn't always completely smooth.
- Cuts well and leaves a clean, smooth edge line.
- Engraved areas tend to go a frosted white colour when engraved. Paint fill can be done, however we recommend doing a trial on a sample swatch to make sure the pattern doesn't dominate.
- Comes with a protective tape coating that will need to be peeled off.
- It is difficult to capture colour correctly; allow for slight variation from monitor to reality.
- The thickness of materials can vary, so creating 3D interlocking designs that fit snug together may be challenging.
Other Pattern Foil Acrylic Colours
Want to see it in real life?