Simple, plain MDF. Ideal if you intend to paint the finished piece. Has a smooth matte finish that is the same on both sides.
- Maximum sheet size: 600mm x 300mm.
- Maximum usable area: 595mm x 295mm.
- Thickness: 3mm, 6mm (± 10%).
- Great for prototyping as it is very low cost.
- Very stable (no warping).
- Can easily be painted.
- Doesn’t need peeling (as is laser cut without tape).
- No protective tape which means smoke marks will show.
- Cut edges are darker than solid wood due to the high resin content.
- Not a big contrast between engraved and not engraved areas.
- Thickness can vary by up to 10% as a result of the manufacturing process, so creating interlocking designs can be difficult.