Skip to content
- Simple, plain MDF.
- Ideal if you intend to paint the finished piece.
- Has a smooth matte finish that is the same on both sides.
- Maximum usable area: 595mm x 295mm.
- Maximum sheet size: Approx. 600mm x 300mm.
- Price Range: $ Low.
- Thickness: 3mm, 6mm (± 10%).
- Finish: Natural, smooth finish that is consistent on both sides.
Gallery of MDF
- Great for prototyping as it is very low cost.
- Provides a smooth surface ideal for working on with paint and other mediums e.g. Resin Coating.
- Cuts well and leaves a clean, smooth edge line that typically shows a dark edge due to the high resin content.
- Is cut without protective tape, which means smoke marks will show.
- Engraves well but doesn’t show a high contrast between engraved and not engraved areas.
- It is difficult to capture colour correctly; allow for slight variation from monitor to reality.
- Thickness can vary by up to 10% as a result of the manufacturing process, so creating interlocking designs can be difficult.