- Made with a pattern foil layer, which is pressed in between two clear pieces of acrylic.
- Creates beautiful patterned acrylic; some patterns are shimmery and golden.
- Manufactured in China.
- Maximum usable area: 595mm x 295mm.
- Maximum sheet size: Approx. 600mm x 300mm.
- Price Range: $$$ High.
- Thickness: 2mm – 4mm (typically 3mm, but does vary).
- Finish: High gloss finish on both sides. Similar on both sides (double sided). Some light scuffs and imperfections are normal.
[ngg src=”galleries” ids=”26″ display=”basic_thumbnail”]
Gallery of Pattern Foil Colours
These traits are typical of this material (and not something we consider a fault). Here we try to share with you everything we know about this material; we’d like to empower you with this information so that you may embrace it, and design within the scope of the manufacturer features.
Good to Know
Varying TransparencySome patterns in this range (and also lighter areas within patterns), can be slightly transparent; be aware of this if you plan to layer pieces (as darker colours placed underneath may show through).
Varying ThicknessThe thickness can vary from sheet-to-sheet. The material is ordered as ‘3mm’, but we’ve seen it range from 2.5mm up to 4mm. Something to be aware of if you’re considering making 3D interlocking designs.
Pattern VariationThe pattern direction and ‘density’ can vary between sheets. For example, there may be areas on the Tortoise Shell that are very swirly, and other times more spotted. Our advice here is to use this material for pieces around 20mm or larger, so that there is enough surface area to show a good range of the pattern.
Imperfect FinishDue to the manufactures production methods, this material typically arrives to us with some light scuffs and marks. We don’t use parts of the material that have very deep scratches, but be aware that the surface isn’t always completely smooth.
Laser DiscolorationThe ‘ingredients’ in this material can discolor when laser cut, giving the edges a slight yellow-brown tinge. It’s quiet light, and most noticeable on the Delta White.
- Ideal for plain (no engraving), simple shapes where the design emphasises the material e.g. circles, hearts, droplets.
- Well suited for larger pieces (such as 20mm, up to 80mm) that have enough surface area to show a good range of the pattern.
- Looks great paired with Solid Opaque Acrylic, and also with Bamboo.
- Cuts well and leaves a clean, smooth edge line.
- Engraved areas tend to go a frosted white colour when engraved. Paint fill can be done, however we recommend doing a trial on a sample swatch to make sure the pattern doesn’t dominate.
- Comes with a protective tape coating that will need to be peeled off.
- It is difficult to capture colour correctly; allow for slight variation from monitor to reality.
- The thickness of materials can vary, so creating 3D interlocking designs that fit snug together may be challenging.