- This material is transparent acrylic with no colour.
- It has a high gloss finish, and is the same on the front and back, except 3mm Matte which has a matte finish on the front.
- Maximum usable area: 595mm x 295mm.
- Maximum sheet size: Approx. 600mm x 300mm.
- Price Range: $ Low.
- Thickness: Available in 1.5mm, 2mm, 3mm, 4.5mm and 6mm.
- Finish: High gloss on the front/top and on the back/bottom, except 3mm Matte which has a matte finish on the front.
These traits are typical of this material (and not something we consider a fault). Here we try to share with you everything we know about this material; we'd like to empower you with this information so that you may embrace it, and design within the scope of the manufacturer features.
Good to Know
Engraving on Front by DefaultThis material is engraved on the front by default. Something to consider for text if you plan to use the smooth/not-engraved side as the 'front', as you would have to reflect your designs.
High Gloss Shows DustWhere there is a high gloss finish, any marks/fluff/scratches/etc can show up quite easily on finished products. Our advice is to peel your pieces as late in the process as you can (such as do all your gluing and assembly that you can with the protective tape still on) and as late as you can, peel the tape, clean the pieces with a gentle microfiber cloth and seal them in something like a cellophane bag.
- Of course, this material will show through colours placed underneath, so layering designs may give an undesirable effect.
- Looks great when combined with edge lit or back lit applications.
- Typically comes with a brown or clear protective tape, which adheres quite strongly to the material. Because of this, it can be ideal for using when applying a paint fill technique.
- This material looks great with engraving and paint-fill for a contrasting finish.
- The 1.5mm and 2mm options are great backing layers for multi-layer pieces to reduce overall weight.
- Cuts well and leaves a clean, smooth edge line.
- Engraves well and can hold fine details (engraved areas typically have a frosted white appearance). Engraving looks great when used for paint filling.
- Comes with a Brown or Clear protective tape coating that will need to be peeled off.