Layers of shimmery colour cast throughout clear acrylic, creating a pearlescent and textured appearance that is similar top and back (top typically looks more dimensional). This material tends to go brown in different parts when laser engraved, so isn't recommended for engraving (unless being used with paint fill technique). Scroll down for more photos.
- Maximum sheet size: 600mm x 300mm.
- Maximum usable area: 595mm x 295mm.
- Thickness: 3mm (± 10%).
- Gives a 3D shimmery effect.
- Cuts OK* and leaves a clean, smooth edge line that shows the colour on the sides.
- Tends to go brown in different parts when laser engraved, so isn't recommended for engraving (unless being used with paint fill technique).
- *Edges darken slightly in reaction to the laser cutting, which is typically most visible on lighter colours.
- The surface of this material is commonly not completely flat. It may have sections (like pits) that dip inwards (not considered a fault).
- Has qualities of a handmade product; mineral colour 'folds' and density varies from sheet to sheet (see photos of other colours in this range to get an idea of the variation that can occur).
- Comes with a protective tape coating that will need to be peeled off.
- Thickness varies as a result of the manufacturing process, so creating interlocking designs can be difficult.
- It is difficult to capture colour correctly; allow for slight variation from monitor to reality.
Samples swatches available here.