Brightly coloured acrylic mirror. Mirror acrylics have a clear smooth finish on the front and a matte finish on the back. The matte side is the reflective coating that creates the mirror effect on the front (just like standard glass mirrors). The colour of this matte side varies, but is commonly grey or white. Scroll down for more photos.
- Maximum sheet size: 600mm x 300mm.
- Maximum usable area: 595mm x 295mm.
- Thickness: 3mm (± 10%). Silver is also available in 2mm.
- Has a smooth, high gloss finish on the front
- Can be engraved on the front or back to create different effects (we engrave on the back by default).
- Cuts well and leaves a clean, smooth edge line.
- Etches well and can hold fine details (etched areas have a frosted white appearance). Etching looks most effective on darker colours that show contrast, or when used for paint fill techniques.
- The colour on the back of the mirror (reverse side) can vary, and can also be quite marked (doesn't show through to the actual mirror, but something to consider for pieces where you may see the back).
- Comes with a protective tape coating that will need to be peeled off.
- Can show up marks and scratches easily.
- Thickness can vary by up to 10% as a result of the manufacturing process, so creating interlocking designs can be difficult.
- Is difficult to capture colour correctly; allow for slight variation from monitor to reality.
Samples swatches available here.