Information Specific to This Colour
- This material is made from sheets of transparent black acrylic with an iridescent film applied to the front. The effect is a semi-transparent acrylic that looks different colours depending on the light it catches. It’s quite magical!
- IMPORTANT: This material arrives to us with an increasing amount of small (1-3mm) ‘bubbles’ over the surface. This is due to how the effect is made (it is a film applied to acrylic); it’s like when you apply clear contact to a book and some bubbles appear. This trait is typical of this material (and not something we consider a fault).
- Apart from the contact issues, the finish is otherwise high gloss on the front and back. The iridescent film in on the front. From the sides, the material looks clear.
- Specialty acrylics are a variety of different types of acrylic sheets that don't quite fit into our other categories.
- They are typically all made differently, such as varied mixes or 'ingredients' (like fabric pieces, glitter shards, and glow in the dark).
- Maximum usable area: 595mm x 295mm.
- Maximum sheet size: Approx. 600mm x 300mm.
- Thickness: 3mm (± 10%).
- Finish: As described above.
- Specialty acrylics really fit into anyway that you can envision them! They're quite varied and lend themselves to a variety of different designs and styles.
- These materials can be a little tricky to order, so if you need something for longevity (such as you're planning a design that will stay in manufacture for 1-2 years), this range may not be the most suitable long term option.
- Cuts well and leaves a clean, smooth edge line that typically shows the core colour on the sides.
- Engraves well and can hold fine details.
- Comes with a protective tape coating that will need to be peeled off.
- It is difficult to capture colour correctly; allow for slight variation from monitor to reality.