- This acrylic is given colour by a printed layer on the underside of clear acrylic (similar to mirror acrylic, but not reflective). The effect looks great as silhouette cut outs and/or as engraved pieces.
- Each colour in the base print acrylic range has a black backing (e.g. so red base print is black on the reverse side).
- Maximum usable area: 595mm x 295mm.
- Maximum sheet size: Approx. 600mm x 300mm.
- Thickness: 3mm (± 10%).
- Finish: High gloss, smooth front. Clear core and edges, and a smooth, black back.
Good to Know
These traits are typical of this material (and not something we consider a fault). Here we try to share with you everything we know about this material; we'd like to empower you with this information so that you may embrace it, and design within the scope of the manufacturer features.
- We're looking to discontinue this material once our stock runs low. If you need long-term reliability and it's an option to you to use a different materail, we encourage you to consider Solid Opaque Acrylic or Pearlescent Acrylic instead.
- The back/bottom of all Base Print Acrylic colours is a black printed backing. Any engraving is done 'from the back' into this black surface (similar to mirror acrylic); we reflect your designs before lasering so that they look how you envision.
- We typically don't recommend this material for paint filling for a variety of reasons. If it's something you'd like to experiment with, test on samples first.
- The thickness of most acrylic types can vary as a result of the manufacturing process, so creating 3D interlocking designs that fit snug together may be challenging.
- Looks stunning in a range of applications.
- The engraving can show quite good contrast, particularly on the darker colours, so this material lends really well to designs with text (because legibility is clear).
- Best applications of this material we've seen are: pet tags, hanging earrings with text/slogans, price signs.
- Cuts well and leaves a clean, smooth edge line that typically shows the core colour on the sides.
- Engraves well and can hold fine details (engraved areas typically have a frosted white appearance). Engraving typically looks most effective on darker colours (so that it will show contrast).
- Comes with a protective tape coating that will need to be peeled off.
- It is difficult to capture colour correctly; allow for slight variation from monitor to reality.
Other Base Print Acrylic Colours
Want to see it in real life?