Note: Photos do not do this colour justice! It is truly vibrant (neon) in real life.
This material is coloured sheets of solid (opaque) coloured acrylic. It typically has a high gloss finish, and is the same on the front, back and sides (unless titled otherwise e.g. matte finish). Scroll down for more photos.
- Maximum sheet size: 600mm x 300mm.
- Maximum usable area: 595mm x 295mm.
- Thickness: 3mm (± 10%). Black is available in 2mm, 3mm, 4.5mm and 6mm and white is available in 2mm and 3mm.
- Has a smooth, high gloss finish.
- Cuts well and leaves a clean, smooth edge line that shows the core on the sides.
- Etches well and can hold fine details (etched areas have a frosted white appearance). Etching looks most effective on darker colours that show contrast, or when used for paint fill techniques.
- Comes with a protective tape coating that will need to be peeled off.
- Can show up marks and scratches easily.
- Thickness can vary by up to 10% as a result of the manufacturing process, so creating interlocking designs can be difficult.
- Is difficult to capture colour correctly; allow for slight variation from monitor to reality.
Samples swatches available here.