- This material is made with 'shards' of coloured glitter cast in acrylic.
- It has a black backing layer, which shows through between the glitter particles.
- It is similar to the Chunky Glitter Acrylic, but in real life tends to look 'shinier' (such as the glitter flakes have a sort of iridescent shimmer to them).
- Manufactured in China.
- Maximum usable area: 595mm x 295mm.
- Maximum sheet size: Approx. 600mm x 300mm.
- Thickness: 3mm (± 10%).
- Finish: Gloss front, satin black back.
These traits are typical of this material (and not something we consider a fault). Here we try to share with you everything we know about this material; we'd like to empower you with this information so that you may embrace it, and design within the scope of the manufacturer features.
Good to Know
- Glitter density can vary, but is typically fairly consistent.
- These sheets are warped/curved; this is usually only noticeable in larger end products e.g. 100mm+.
- Sometimes the surface isn't completely smooth (such as it nay have a ripple or 'dent' caused by the glitter pieces). This is most visible when the finish of the material is captured in the light.
- This material often arrives to us with some light scuffs and marks. We don't use parts of the material that have deep scratches, but be aware that the surface isn't always completely smooth.
- The thickness of most acrylic types can vary, so creating 3D interlocking designs that fit snug together may be challenging.
- Is an ideal substitute for Chunky Glitter Acrylic as earrings toppers are there's no issues with clear patches.
- Ideal for plain (no engraving), simple shapes where the design emphasises the material e.g. circles, hearts, droplets.
- Can look stunning when used in combination with solid acrylic as a 'highlight' in multi-piece designs.
- Cuts well and leaves a clean, smooth edge line that typically shows the glitter cross section on the sides.
- Engraves well and can hold fine details (engraved areas typically have a frosted white appearance). Engraving looks most effective on darker colours (so that it will show contrast), or when used for paint filling.
- Comes with a protective tape coating that will need to be peeled off.
- It is difficult to capture colour correctly; allow for slight variation from monitor to reality.
Other Shards Acrylic Colours
Want to see it in real life?
Material close Up