This material is made with 'shards' of coloured glitter cast in acrylic. It has a black backing layer, which can be seen from the front through any gaps in the glitter. It is similar to the chunky glitter acrylic sheets, but in real life tends to look 'shinier' (such as the glitter flakes have a sort of iridescent shimmer to them) and does not cause issues with clear spots (so is ideal for tops of earrings). Scroll down for more photos.
- Maximum sheet size: 600mm x 300mm.
- Maximum usable area: 595mm x 295mm.
- Thickness: 3mm (± 10%).
- Gives a radiant, shimmery effect.
- Cuts well and leaves a clean, smooth edge line that shows the glitter core colour on the sides.
- Etches well and can hold fine details (etched areas have a frosted white appearance). Etching looks most effective on darker colours that show contrast.
- Comes with a protective tape coating that will need to be peeled off.
- Glitter density can vary from sheet-to-sheet (but is typically fairly consistent over the entire material piece).
- Thickness varies as a result of the manufacturing process, so creating interlocking designs can be difficult.
- It is difficult to capture colour correctly; allow for slight variation from monitor to reality.
- Sometimes the surface isn't completely smooth (such as it nay have a ripple or 'dent' caused by the glitter pieces).
Samples swatches available here.
Material close Up