- These materials are solid coloured sheets of acrylic.
- This acrylic has a smooth, matte feel on both sides. The no gloss shine creates a similar look to polymer clay.
- The colour is the same on the front, the back and the sides.
- Consistent and reliable colours and finishes.
- Maximum usable area: 595mm x 295mm.
- Maximum sheet size: Approx. 600mm x 300mm.
- Price Range: $ Mid.
- Thickness: 3mm (± 10%).
- Finish: Matte on the front/top and on the back/bottom.
Gallery of Neon Colours
These traits are typical of this material (and not something we consider a fault). Here we try to share with you everything we know about this material; we’d like to empower you with this information so that you may embrace it, and design within the scope of the manufacturer features.
Good to Know
Matte with paint fillThe matte finish can make paint fill difficult, because the paint will ‘stick’ to the matte surface (whereas on the gloss finish paint will usually wipe off with ease where there isn’t engraving).
- These neutral tones are great for rustic collections, and would be great paired with a wood material.
- These could be a nice skin-tone acrylic.
- The no gloss shine creates a similar look to polymer clay.
- Cuts well and leaves a clean, smooth edge line that typically shows the core colour on the sides.
- Engraves well and can hold fine details (engraved areas typically have a frosted white appearance). Engraving looks most effective on darker colours (so that it will show contrast), or when used for paint filling.
- Comes with a protective tape coating that will need to be peeled off.
- It is difficult to capture colour correctly; allow for slight variation from monitor to reality.