Sweet Pastel acrylics are similar to our solid (opaque) acrylic sheets, but they have a matte top/front and a gloss back/bottom. We commonly see Sweet Pastel pieces being used upside down in end products to have the gloss side as the front. Scroll down for more photos.
- Maximum sheet size: 600mm x 300mm.
- Maximum usable area: 595mm x 295mm.
- Thickness: 3mm (± 10%).
- Has the option to use a matte or gloss finish.
- Cuts well and leaves a clean, smooth edge line that shows the core on the sides.
- Etches well and can hold fine details (etched areas have a frosted white appearance). Etching looks most effective on darker colours that show contrast, or when used for paint fill techniques.
- Protective tape doesn’t adhere well to matte side, which can be problematic for techniques like paint fill.
- Comes with a protective tape coating that will need to be peeled off.
- Thickness can vary by up to 10% as a result of the manufacturing process, so creating interlocking designs can be difficult.
- Is difficult to capture colour correctly; allow for slight variation from monitor to reality.
Samples swatches available here.