- Sweet pastel acrylics are a beautiful pastel range that is similar to our Solid Opaque Acrylic range.
- It has a matt top/front (used by default) and a gloss back/bottom (used by request).
- The colour is the same on the front, the back and the sides.
- Consistent and reliable colours and finishes.
- Maximum usable area: 595mm x 295mm.
- Maximum sheet size: Approx. 600mm x 300mm.
- Thickness: 3mm (± 10%).
- Finish: Matt top/front (used by default) and a gloss back/bottom (used by request).
Good to Know
These traits are typical of this material (and not something we consider a fault). Here we try to share with you everything we know about this material; we'd like to empower you with this information so that you may embrace it, and design within the scope of the manufacturer features.
- We find that tightly cut corners can show some slight marks (in reaction to the laser cutting). It's quite minor, and typically looks like a light white or grey discoloration. It could be sanded and polished away, however isn't something we recommend as being necessary.
- The protective tape doesn’t adhere well to matt side, which can be problematic for techniques like paint fill. If your designs have engraving that you wish to add paint fill, we recommend requesting material to be 'flipped' so that the engraving is done on the gloss side.
- The thickness of most acrylic types can vary, so creating 3D interlocking designs that fit snug together may be challenging.
- We guarantee this range will make anyone think of candy; it's inherently cute and kawaii. Play into this by using it for soft, rounded, playful shapes.
- Can be used to 'soften' angular shapes. For example, if used for a shape like our Droplet Angled in place of black acrylic (a combination that's commonly done), it makes the design take on a more affectionate style.
- Can be used to challenge themes. For example, if used for something like our Halloween Shapes Mixed, it makes an otherwise dark theme more approachable, friendly even (very spooky cute!).
- Cuts well and leaves a clean, smooth edge line that typically shows the core colour on the sides.
- Engraves well and can hold fine details (engraved areas typically have a frosted white appearance). If your designs have engraving that you wish to add paint fill, we recommend requesting material to be 'flipped' so that the engraving is done on the gloss side.
- Comes with a protective tape coating that will need to be peeled off.
- It is difficult to capture colour correctly; allow for slight variation from monitor to reality.