Swirls of shimmery colour stirred throughout clear acrylic, creating a pearlescent and patterned appearance that is similar top and back (top typically looks more dimensional). This material varies between batches and has some imperfections (typically arrives to us with some marks), so please ensure that you have read the disadvantages below. Scroll down for more photos.
- Maximum sheet size: 600mm x 300mm.
- Maximum usable area: 595mm x 295mm.
- Thickness: 3mm (± 10%).
- Gives a 3D shimmery effect.
- Cuts well and leaves a clean, smooth edge line that shows the colour on the sides.
- Etches well and can hold fine details (etched areas have a frosted white appearance). Etching looks most effective on darker colours that show contrast.
- *Corners show dark marks in reaction to the laser cutting, which is visible on lighter colours.
- Surface isn’t always completely smooth (has some marks and scuffs).
- Has qualities of a handmade product; swirl density and 'grain' prominence varies from sheet to sheet (see photos of other colours in this range to get an idea of the variation that can occur).
- Cast colour density varies, which means some small areas may be semi-translucent.
- Comes with a protective tape coating that will need to be peeled off.
- Thickness varies as a result of the manufacturing process, so creating interlocking designs can be difficult.
- It is difficult to capture colour correctly; allow for slight variation from monitor to reality.
Samples swatches available here.