This material is made with a type of foil layer pressed in the middle of thin clear acrylic. It creates beautiful patterned acrylic, with varieties of shimmery and metallic qualities. It is usually very similar on the front and the back. The pattern density and opacity can vary between different 'prints' (see photos below for reference). This material has some imperfections (typically arrives to us with some marks), so please ensure that you have read and accept the disadvantages below. Scroll down for more photos.
- Maximum sheet size: 600mm x 300mm.
- Maximum usable area: 595mm x 295mm.
- Thickness: 3mm (± 10%).
- Has a smooth, high gloss finish on the front*.
- Cuts well and leaves a clean, smooth edge line.
- Etches well and can hold fine details (etched areas have a frosted white appearance). Etching looks most effective on darker colours that show contrast, or when used for paint fill techniques.
- *Surface isn’t always completely smooth (has some marks and scuffs).
- Comes with a protective tape coating that will need to be peeled off.
- Can show up marks and scratches easily.
- Thickness can vary by up to 10% as a result of the manufacturing process, so creating interlocking designs can be difficult.
- Is difficult to capture colour correctly; allow for slight variation from monitor to reality.
Samples swatches available here.
Laser cut and engraved sample (left), laser cut sample (right).
Back side of laser cut samples.