- Sweet pastel acrylics are a beautiful pastel range that is similar to our Solid Opaque Acrylic range.
- It has a matt top/front (used by default) and a gloss back/bottom (used by request).
- The colour is the same on the front, the back and the sides.
- Consistent and reliable colours and finishes.
- Maximum usable area: 595mm x 295mm.
- Maximum sheet size: Approx. 600mm x 300mm.
- Price Range: $$ Medium.
- Thickness: 3mm (± 10%).
- Finish: Matt top/front (used by default) and a gloss back/bottom (used by request).
Gallery of Sweet Pastel Colours
These traits are typical of this material (and not something we consider a fault). Here we try to share with you everything we know about this material; we’d like to empower you with this information so that you may embrace it, and design within the scope of the manufacturer features.
Good to Know
Laser DiscolorationWe find that tightly cut corners can show light and dark marks in reaction to the laser cutting. On this material it’s quite minor and presents as a kind of white-blue tinge.
Matt with paint fillThe matt finish can make paint fill difficult, because the paint will ‘stick’ to the matt surface (whereas on the gloss finish paint will usually wipe off with ease where there isn’t engraving).
Gloss or matt optionsThe top (front) of this material is matt, and the back (bottom) is gloss. We use the matt side by default. By request, we can use the other side of the material so that it will have a gloss finish.
- We guarantee this range will make anyone think of candy; it’s inherently cute and kawaii. Play into this by using it for soft, rounded, playful shapes.
- Can be used to ‘soften’ angular shapes. For example, if used for a shape like our Droplet Angled in place of black acrylic (a combination that’s commonly done), it makes the design take on a more affectionate style.
- Can be used to challenge themes. For example, if used for something like our Halloween Shapes Mixed, it makes an otherwise dark theme more approachable, friendly even (very spooky cute!).
- Cuts well and leaves a clean, smooth edge line that typically shows the core colour on the sides.
- Engraves well and can hold fine details (engraved areas typically have a frosted white appearance). If your designs have engraving that you wish to add paint fill, we recommend requesting material to be ‘flipped’ so that the engraving is done on the gloss side.
- Comes with a protective tape coating that will need to be peeled off.
- It is difficult to capture colour correctly; allow for slight variation from monitor to reality.