An attempt at the black chunky of our dreams – this chunky is VERY densely filled with black glitter. It does not reflect much light, so looks almost completely black (with the odd little speck of light reflection). It also has a lot of pits on the surface and the odd scratch. We consider this seconds stock and have priced it accordingly (45% off).
This material is made with shaped chunks of coloured glitter cast in acrylic. It creates a deep and sparkly appearance that is similar front and back. The glitter density varies greatly from sheet-to-sheet; sometimes it is very dense, other times it can be sparse and have clear spots. Scroll down for more photos.
- Maximum sheet size: 600mm x 300mm.
- Maximum usable area: 595mm x 295mm.
- Thickness: 3mm (± 10%).
- Gives a radiant, shimmery effect.
- Cuts well and leaves a clean, smooth edge line that shows the glitter core colour on the sides.
- Etches well and can hold fine details (etched areas have a frosted white appearance). Etching looks most effective on darker colours that show contrast.
- Comes with a protective tape coating that will need to be peeled off.
- Glitter density varies, which means sometimes it is very dense, and other times it can be sparse and have clear spots.
- Thickness varies as a result of the manufacturing process, so creating interlocking designs can be difficult.
- It is difficult to capture colour correctly; allow for slight variation from monitor to reality.
- Air bubbles can be within and on the surface, which means some edges or surfaces may have bubble holes and/or be not completely smooth on the surface.
Samples swatches available here.