Natural, smooth timber finish that is consistent on both sides. Each veneer sheet is formed with 0.5mm high grade timber laminated to each side of a 3mm MDF sheet. Scroll down for more photos.
- Maximum sheet size: 595mm x 295mm.
- Maximum usable area: 590mm x 290mm.
- Thickness: 4mm (± 10%).
- Can be easily painted or varnished after cutting.
- Low cost alternative to solid timber.
- MDF core means it is very stable (no warping) and allows for larger sheet widths compared with solid timber.
- For orders from our shapes shop, grain direction may vary.
- Cut edges are darker than solid wood due to the high resin content of the MDF layer.
- The smoothness of the surface can vary and may require some hand finishing with some fine sand paper.
- There may be joins in the wood veneer layer as wood strips can only be so wide. They do not usually stand out much though.
- Comes with a protective tape coating that will need to be peeled off.
- Is difficult to capture colour correctly; allow for slight variation from monitor to reality.
Samples swatches available here