About Vector Etch
Vector Etch offers custom laser cutting and engraving, based on your vector file or choose from our range of shapes.
We specialise in making high quality, sparkly things and typically work with jewellery makers and designers.
Our services, combined with our selection of supplies, provides a one-stop-shop for makers and designers to create designs in a range outcomes. We operate out of a private studio on the south side of Brisbane, Australia.
We also sell all of our laserable materials over at My Little Acrylic Shop.
- Free, no obligation quotes
- High quality laser cutting and laser engraving
- Custom lasering based on your laser ready vector files
- Online catalogue for made to order shapes, with hundreds of designs to choose from
- One-stop-shop for jewellery supplies (jewellery components, glue, etc)
- World wide postage and local pick up
- Materials for sale via My Little Acrylic Shop.
Our Studio and Business Hours
- Order collection hours: Monday to Friday between 8:30am – 3:30pm. Please note, we are an online service and do not have a sales counter at our studio, nor is it attended too for enquiries.
- Street Address: 241H 49 Station Road, Yeerongpilly, QLD 4105.
- Parking: There is a car park at the front of the studio and street parking available along Station Road and Wilkie Street.
- We close for all Queensland public holidays.
- Vector Etch will close for orders around the 13th – 17th of December, 2019 (depending on work load at the time).
- Last studio day (for emails, order collection, etc) will be Friday the 20th of December, 2019.
- We re-open for orders on Friday the 3rd of January, 2020. Laser cutting re-commences Monday the 6th of January, 2020.
Our laser machines are vital tools to Vector Etch and we love them dearly. Our laser machines are Trotec brand, designed and made in Austria. Trotec are leaders worldwide in the laser machines industry; they set a high benchmark for fine and precise details, all in the quickest time possible. In our experience, they have proven to have excellent customer service too; we have never gone a day without a fully operating machine. Once in our busiest period our laser tube died (it ran out of pew’s!) and we had a replacement machine (the same model) delivered on loan to us from Trotec on the same day!
We have a Trotec Speedy 100 and a Trotec Speedy 360. The 100 model is our smaller laser machine (bed size up to 600mm x 300mm) – it can be more suitable for fine detail engraving. The 360 is our larger, more powerful laser – it is well suited for high volume, precise laser cutting. We commonly refer to them as the mumma and bub lasers.
Our Story and Background
Vector Etch was first established in 2014 by Andy Holloway to create laser cut jewellery. Since then, Vector Etch has grown to a small team, and offers custom laser cutting for jewellery makers, crafters and designers. All of our services are carried out in our studio in Yeerongpilly, and we are thrilled to share our resources with others to assists them to produce laser cut and engraved pieces.
More recently, we’ve been working towards creating online content (such as expanding our design range and tutorials for all aspects related to lasering) to share some of the things that we have learnt. We love helping and seeing people create custom pieces from their own designs! All of the staff here are makers too in their own way, typically creating laser cut pieces from their own designs – it’s what we do and what we love!