- Created with swirls of mixed colours, sprinkled with glitter, creating a magical marbled style appearance.
- Fine gold glitter sprinkled over the top/front.
- The back/bottom varies. It can be similar to the front/top, but is typically less dimensional and does not have glitter.
- Each colour has iridescent qualities that reflects more than the main hue on different angles (e.g. apple green has hints of pink, etc).
- Manufactured in China.
- Maximum usable area: 595mm x 295mm.
- Maximum sheet size: Approx. 600mm x 300mm.
- Price Range: $$ Medium.
- Thickness: 3mm (± 10%).
- Finish: Gloss on both sides. Glitter on the front/top only. Appearance of the back varies (front typically looks more dimensional).
These traits are typical of this material (and not something we consider a fault). Here we try to share with you everything we know about this material; we'd like to empower you with this information so that you may embrace it, and design within the scope of the manufacturer features.
Good to Know
Varying Pattern SwirlHas qualities of a handmade product; swirl density and 'grain' prominence varies from sheet to sheet (see photos of other colours in this range to get an idea of the variation that can occur).
Varying TransparencyLight colours in this range are slightly transparent; be aware of this if you plan to layer pieces (as darker colours placed underneath may show through). Similarly, the cast colour density varies, which means some small areas may be semi-transparent.
Laser MarksWe find that tightly cut corners show dark marks (in reaction to the laser cutting), which is visible on lighter colours.
Imperfect ManufactureDue to the manufactures production methods, this material typically arrives to us with some light scuffs and marks. We don't use parts of the material that have deep scratches, but be aware that the surface isn't always completely smooth.
- Gives a really stunning magical, 3D shimmery effect. We've seen this material used spectacularly for space, fairy and fantasy themes.
- We love seeing this range used in simple, large (50mm or so) shapes; enough area to show some of the swirls.
- Works well within designs to mimic imaginative textures e.g. smoke, galaxies, animal textures, etc.
- Cuts well and leaves a clean, smooth edge line that typically shows the core colour on the sides.
- Engraves well and can hold fine details (engraved areas typically have a frosted white appearance). Engraving looks most effective on darker colours (so that it will show contrast), or when used for paint filling.
- Comes with a protective tape coating that will need to be peeled off.
- It is difficult to capture colour correctly; allow for slight variation from monitor to reality.