- This material is made with 'shards' of coloured glitter cast in acrylic.
- It is similar to the Shards Acrylic but in real life tends to look 'shinier' (such as the glitter flakes have a sort of iridescent shimmer to them).
- Manufactured in China.
- Maximum usable area: 595mm x 295mm.
- Maximum sheet size: Approx. 600mm x 300mm.
- Price Range: $$$ High.
- Thickness: 3mm (± 10%).
- Finish: Gloss front, Gloss Back.
Good to Know
Glitter density can vary, but is typically fairly consistent.
'Glitter' Sits on 'bottom' side of sheet
The glitter in this material can sit primarily on the bottom of the sheet. This tends to look like the glitter has settled when curing and fell to the bottom which give a clear edge.
Some Glitter can sit throughout the material (not on the bottom), something to keep in mind when picking this material.
- Ideal for plain (no engraving), simple shapes where the design emphasises the material e.g. circles, hearts, droplets.
- Can look stunning when used in combination with solid acrylic as a 'highlight' in multi-piece designs.
- Cuts well and leaves a clean, smooth edge line that typically shows the glitter cross section on the sides.
- Engraves well and can hold fine details (engraved areas typically have a frosted white appearance). Engraving looks most effective on darker colours (so that it will show contrast), or when used for paint filling.
- Comes with a protective tape coating that will need to be peeled off.
- It is difficult to capture colour correctly; allow for slight variation from monitor to reality.